Fiordland - Milford Sound Landscape Photography
September 14-19 2017
This workshop about photographing the contrasting landscapes of Fiordland, from the Eglington Valley to the watery depths of the sound. Fiordland is majestic and volatile, but how do you capture this in your camera? A small group of six photographers can join Grand Master Photographers Mike Langford and Jackie Ranken on an adventure to find these answers.
We will teach you all we know in regards to camera craft and technique. The downloading and critique sessions are the foundation of the learning process. We discuss composition, design and celebrate all your photographic efforts. Our aim is for you to leave the workshop satiated: knowing more about photography but what’s more important, knowing more about yourself and what photography is to you.
THe Critique Process
For all multi-day photo workshops, students will need to select images from each photographic session. These images will be downloaded onto our computer and will be data projected for the group to see.
We will go through each photographer's work and give constructive feedback. The whole point of the workshop is to achieve growth and by showing one another images in an open, and trusting atmosphere there is amazing potential to improve!
The edited images will become part of a book we will make at the end of the workshop. Copyright of the images remains with the photographers at all times.
If you don’t have your own laptop please let us know, we can download images directly off your camera card for the review..
Cost NZD$ 3,644.00
- Five days' expert photography tuition from Mike Langford and Jackie Ranken
- Pick up to and from your hotel in Queenstown at the start and end of the workshop.
- Dinner on the first night with Mike & Jackie at their home, including a glass or two of New Zealand wine
- Two nights' private accommodation in Te Anau (single room)
- One night of luxury accomodation at Milford Lodge
- Buffet breakfast at Milford Lodge
- Nature Encounter Cruise with Southern Discoveries on Milford Sound
- Celebration dinner in Te Anau
- Comfortable 4WD transport throughout the weekend.
- Fine art print of one of your files from the workshop
- PDF photography group book made from images from the trip
- Trial use of our various Canon lenses and bodies
- Trial use of Eizo monitor on the final editing/printing morning
Download the itinerary-easy to read PDF
What's not included:
- Accommodation for the nights spent in Queenstown (please make your own bookings to suit your taste)
- Breakfasts, lunches and dinner (except for Thursday dinner, Sunday breakfast and dinner).
- Alcohol (outside the first night)
- Tripods are available for hire @ $30.00 but we feel it is better to bring your own
Refund Policy for our New Zealand Workshops-
Three months out- Full Refund (less any transfer fees)
Within three months deposits can be transferred to another workshop.
Queenstown Centre for Creative Photography (“QCCP”) shall not be responsible or liable for any personal or property damage throughout the duration of the workshop. QCCP shall not be responsible for any costs or losses incurred due to flight delays or cancellations and highly recommends participants purchase appropriate travel insurance. QCCP reserves the right to cancel workshops if numbers are insufficient or due to unforeseen circumstances.