New Zealand South Island- 2.5 hours north of Christchurch
"Where the mountains met the sea"
August 3-8 2017
This area is famous for its abundant wildlife and unique coastal landscapes. In August, the time of the workshop there are more varieties or Albatros than at other times including the rare Souther Royal Albatros. On Albatros Encounter Cruise we also photographed petrals, shags, terns, shearwaters and guls as well as dolphins and perhaps whales. On the shore-based excursions, we photograph seals, the wonderfully rocky shoreline as well as whatever interesting things that we happen to come across.
Learn how to photograph birds in flight as well as how to pan and create an artistic interpretation of flight. Upskill your camera techniques and learn about camera custom settings, multiple exposures, night photography and more.
See this link to see the whole list of birds.
The Critique Process
For all multi-day photo workshops, students will need to edit their images from each photographic session down to around twelve files. These edited images will be downloaded onto our computer and will be data projected for the group to see. We will go through each photographer's work and give constructive critiques as well as things they are going great on, the whole point of the workshop is to achieve growth and by showing one another images in an open, and trusting atmosphere there is amazing potential to improve!
The edited images will become part of a book we will make at the end of the workshop. Copyright of the images remains with the photographers at all times.
If you don’t have your own laptop we can download directly from you camera card.
Date-August 3-7 2017
- Four days expert tuition from Mike Langford and Jackie Ranken
- Pick up and drop off at Christchurch Airport 3.00pm at the start and end of the workshop 2.30pm
- Four nights accommodation in Kaikoura 4 Star accommodation
- Conference room to review and critique your images
- Four days travel in comfortable 4WD
- During the workshop students are invited to trial use our various Canon lenses and bodies
- Free PDF book made from images from all the photographers. Each photographer had eight pages in which to celebrate their photography.
Download the itinerary -easy to read PDF
- Accommodation either side of the workshop
- Breakfasts, lunches and dinner
Refund Policy for our New Zealand Workshops-
Three months out- Full Refund (less any transfer fees)
Within three months deposits can be transferred to another workshop.