Mount Cook Landscape Photography
Majestic winter landscape Photography.
This area of New Zealand is simply stunning and we think it is at it's best in winter. Sunrise and sunset are closer together and the sun stays low in the sky all day. The air is so clear and crisp and the frozen ground makes for wonderful abstract photography.
Aoraki National park is a harsh land of ice and rock with Glaciers visible from the valley floors. There are 19 peaks that reach the lofty heights of over 3,000 metres including of course New Zealand's highest mountain, Aoraki/Mount Cook.
We explore the Tasman and Hooker Valleys.
At night we will photograph star trails and the Milky Way.
THe Critique Process
For all multi-day photo workshops, students will need to select images from each photographic session for review.
We will go through each photographer's work and give constructive feedback. The whole point of the workshop is to achieve growth and by showing one another images in an open, and trusting atmosphere there is amazing potential to improve!
The edited images will become part of a book we will make at the end of the workshop. Copyright of the images remains with the photographers at all times.
If you don’t have your own laptop please let us know, we can download a selection of images direct to our computer for the feedback sessions
- Five days expert photography tuition from Mike Langford and Jackie Ranken
- Pick up to and from your hotel in Queenstown at the start and end of the workshop.
- Dinner on the first night with Mike & Jackie at their home, including a glass or two of New Zealand wine
- Three nights private accommodation at the Hermitage, Mount Cook
- Use of the Theatre to show your final images on Sunday night and viewing of the 3D show
- Fine art print of one of your images from the workshop
- PDF of the group book made from the trip
- Trial of our Eizo monitor for the last session in Queenstown
- 4WD transport throughout the weekend.
See last years book at this link
What's not included:
- Accommodation for the nights spent in Queenstown (please make your own yourself according to your taste)
- Breakfasts, lunches and dinner
- Tripods are available for hire@$30 but we suggest that you have your own
- Alcohol (outside the first night)
- Helicopter flight to the Grand Plateau and West Coast site (if available and weather suits)
Mount Cook 1 July 13-18 2017
Download the itinerary -Easy to read PDF
Mount Cook 2 August 17-23 2017
Download the itinerary-Easy to read PDF
Both workshops will great opportunities to photograph the night sky and the milky way. What date suits you best?
Refund Policy for our New Zealand Workshops-
Three months out- Full Refund (less any transfer fees)
Within three months deposits can be transferred to another workshop.
Queenstown Centre for Creative Photography (“QCCP”) shall not be responsible or liable for any personal or property damage throughout the duration of the workshop. QCCP shall not be responsible for any costs or losses incurred due to flight delays or cancellations and highly recommends participants purchase appropriate travel insurance. QCCP reserves the right to cancel workshops if numbers are insufficient or due to unforeseen circumstances.