Otago Landscape Photography
SOUTH ISLAND NEW ZEALAND
THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR ALL LEVELS OF PHOTOGRAPHY.
March 15-20 2018
Mike and Jackie want to share with their favourite photographic destinations in Otago-Southland. This workshop is designed to make you think about the photographs you make and why. Each day you will be asked to set yourself specific goals or Jackie and Mike will set them for you.
Time is spent debriefing and reflecting on what makes a ‘good’ photograph and why.
EACH DAY WE WILL BE ON A JOURNEY TO DISCOVER LIGHT, COLOUR, TEXTURE AND CHARACTER. PARTICULAR CARE WILL BE TAKEN IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF PERSONAL PHOTOGRAPHIC THEMES.
THe Critique Process
The downloading and critique sessions are the foundation of the learning process. We discuss composition, design and celebrate all your photographic efforts. Our aim is for you to leave the workshop satiated: knowing more about photography but what’s more important, knowing more about yourself and what photography means to you.
The final day will be a printmaking workshop where Jackie will help you edit and print one of your images. Using her EIZO Monitor and Canon imagePROGRAF Pro 1000 printer.
A selection of edited images will also become part of the QCCP Otago 2017 book. Copyright of the images remains with the photographers at all times.
If you don’t have your own laptop please let us know, we can download a selection of images direct to our computer for the feedback sessions.
DATE- MARCH 15-20 2018
Group size six with two instructors
- Accommodation for the nights spent in Queenstown (please make your own bookings to suit your taste
- Breakfasts, lunches and dinner (outside the first night)
- Alcohol (outside the first night)
- Five days expert photography tuition from Mike Langford and Jackie Ranken
- Pick up to and from your hotel in Queenstown at the start and end of the workshop.
- Dinner on the first night with Mike & Jackie at their home, including a glass or two of New Zealand wine
- Three nights private accommodation
- 4WD transport throughout the weekend.
- Fine art print of one of your files from the workshop
- PDF photography group book made from images from the trip
- Trial use of our various Canon lenses and bodies
- Trial use of Eizo monitor on the final editing/printing morning
Download the itinerary-easy to read PDF
Refund Policy for our New Zealand Workshops-
Three months out- Full Refund (less any transfer fees)
Within three months deposits can be transferred to another workshop.
Within a month - full payment is required unless the space is filled with another photographer.
Queenstown Centre for Creative Photography (“QCCP”) shall not be responsible or liable for any personal or property damage throughout the duration of the workshop. QCCP shall not be responsible for any costs or losses incurred due to flight delays or cancellations and highly recommends participants purchase appropriate travel insurance. QCCP reserves the right to cancel workshops if numbers are insufficient or due to unforeseen circumstances.