Paradise Landscape Photography
South Island, New Zealand
May 25-30 2017
Paradise is a valley not far from Queenstown at the top of the Lake Wakatipu.
At the start of winter we feel this landscape is at it's prime for photographers. Expect beautiful misty mornings with frost and ice that open into spectacular clear days of sunshine, or stormy days with moody skies.
Beginners to advanced photographers are all welcome. Both Jackie Ranken and Mike Langford will be on hand to share their knowledge and passion for photography. You will receive the right amount of feedback and encouragement to help you learn new skills and develop your creativity.
In all our workshops we concentrate on developing your camera skills and craft. It’s important to know how you camera works and how to get the most out if it. Our aim is to help you develop your own personal photographic aesthetics so you have an opinion on what makes a 'good' photograph and why. We teach you our visual language and encourage you to develop your own.
This process is a very important part of digital photography, when so many images can, and are made. It’s good to know what to keep and how to keep it.
THe Critique Process
For all multi-day photo workshops, students will need to edit their images from each photographic session down to around twelve files. These edited images will be downloaded onto our computer and will be data projected for the group to see. We will go through each photographer's work and give constructive critiques as well as things they are going great on, the whole point of the workshop is to achieve growth and by showing one another images in an open, and trusting atmosphere there is amazing potential to improve!
The edited images will become part of a book we will make at the end of the workshop. Copyright of the images remains with the photographers at all times.
If you don’t have your own laptop we can download directly from you camera card.
Date may 25-30 2017
- Five days expert tuition from Mike Langford and Jackie Ranken
- Three hour helicopter flight into the mountains including three landings
- Pick up and drop off from your hotelat the start and end of the workshop
- Dinner on the first night with Jackie and Mike in their home/studio, including a glass or wine or two of wonderful New Zealand wine.
- Three nights accommodation at Bold Peak Lodge in Glenorchy (Includes a cooked breakfast)
- Five days travel in comfortable 4WD
- During the workshop students are invited to trial use our various Canon lenses and bodies
- A4 fine art print of one of your images, trial use of Eizo monitor (On the final morning)
- Free PDF book made from images from all the photographers. Each photographer had eight pages in which to celebrate their photography.
Download the itinerary with our easy to read PDF
See past books made at Kinloch which is situated across the lake from Glenorchy at this link.
what's not included:
- Flights to and from Queenstown
- Accommodation for any nights in Queenstown (please be sure to book accomodation in Queenstown early so that you have plenty of choice)
- Lunches and dinners while in Glenorchy
Refund Policy for our New Zealand Workshops-
Three months out- Full Refund (less any transfer fees)
Within three months deposits can be transferred to another workshop.
Queenstown Centre for Creative Photography (“QCCP”) shall not be responsible or liable for any personal or property damage throughout the duration of the workshop. QCCP shall not be responsible for any costs or losses incurred due to flight delays or cancellations and highly recommends participants purchase appropriate travel insurance. QCCP reserves the right to cancel workshops if numbers are insufficient or due to unforeseen circumstances.