Top of the Lake
South Island, New Zealand
September 6 4pm- September 11 1pm. 2018
Paradise is a valley not far from Queenstown at the top of the Lake Wakatipu.
The winter landscape will be at it's prime for photography. Expect beautiful misty mornings with frost and ice that open into spectacular clear days of sunshine or stormy days with moody skies.
Includes three hours of helicopter time where we fly into snowfields and mountain tarns
Beginners to advanced photographers are all welcome. Both Jackie Ranken and Mike Langford will be on hand to share their knowledge and passion for photography. You will receive the right amount of feedback and encouragement to help you learn new skills and develop your creativity.
In all our workshops we concentrate on developing your camera skills and craft. It’s important to know how you camera works and how to get the most out if it. Our aim is to help you develop your own personal photographic aesthetics so you have an opinion on what makes a 'good' photograph and why. We teach you our visual language and encourage you to develop your own.
This process is a very important part of digital photography, when so many images can, and are made. It’s good to know what to keep and how to keep it.
THe Critique Process
The downloading and critique sessions are the foundation of the learning process. We discuss composition, design and celebrate all your photographic efforts. Our aim is for you to leave the workshop satiated: knowing more about photography but what’s more important, knowing more about yourself and what photography means to you.
The final day will be a printmaking workshop where Jackie will help you edit and print one of your images. Using her EIZO Monitor and Canon imagePROGRAF Pro 1000 printer.
A selection of edited images will also become part of the QCCP Paradise 2017 book. Copyright of the images remains with the photographers at all times.
If you don’t have your own laptop please let us know, we can download a selection of images direct to our computer for the feedback sessions.
Date Sept. 6 4.00pm - Sept. 11 1.00 pm
Cost: NZD$3936.00 TBC
- Five days expert tuition from Mike Langford and Jackie Ranken
- Three hour helicopter flight into the mountains including three landings
- Pick up and drop off from your hotel at the start and end of the workshop
- Dinner on the first night with Jackie and Mike in their home/studio, including a glass or wine or two of wonderful New Zealand wine.
- Three nights accommodation at Bold Peak Lodge in Glenorchy (Includes a cooked breakfast)
- Five days travel in comfortable 4WD
- During the workshop students are invited to trial use our various Canon lenses and bodies
- A4 fine art print of one of your images, trial use of Eizo monitor (On the final morning)
- Free PDF book made from images from all the photographers. Each photographer had eight pages in which to celebrate their photography.
Download the itinerary with our easy to read PDF
See the Book made from the 2017 Workshop participants
what's not included:
- Flights to and from Queenstown
- Accommodation for any nights in Queenstown (please be sure to book accomodation in Queenstown early so that you have plenty of choice)
- Lunches and dinners while in Glenorchy
Refund Policy for our New Zealand Workshops-
Three months out- Full Refund (less any transfer fees)
Within three months deposits can be transferred to another workshop.
Within a month - full payment is required unless the space is filled with another photographer.
Queenstown Centre for Creative Photography (“QCCP”) shall not be responsible or liable for any personal or property damage throughout the duration of the workshop. QCCP shall not be responsible for any costs or losses incurred due to flight delays or cancellations and highly recommends participants purchase appropriate travel insurance. QCCP reserves the right to cancel workshops if numbers are insufficient or due to unforeseen circumstances.