On this shorter three day workshop, Mike and Jackie share their favourite landscape destinations found at the top of the Lake Wakatipu, forty five minutes drive from Queenstown. Fly in on Friday afternoon and fly out Monday afternoon. This is a great opportunity for a mini break away from work to fuel your creativity.
We will teach you how to ‘get things right, in camera’. Correct exposure, correct colour, how to previsualize multiple exposures, how to pre-visualize intentional camera movement, explore astrophotography and have a lot of fun doing it.
We teach you the techniques that will allow you to use your jpeg captures as sketches to your final intent.
The tour / workshop is designed to make you think about the photographs that you make and why.
With an optional extra package to charter a helicopter to get access to wilderness areas in Fiordland National park and Mount Aspiring National Park. Destinations are weather dependent
On all our photo tour/workshops we concentrate on developing your camera skills and craft. It’s important to know how you camera works and how to get the most out if it. Our aim is to help you develop your own personal photographic aesthetics so you have an opinion on what makes a 'good' photograph to you and why.
We share with you the reasons why and how we make photographs and encourage you to play and practice the skills we share.
With digital photography it is so easy to make many many images. We like to help you to know what images to keep and then how to edit and print them.
THe Critique Process
The downloading and critique sessions are the foundation of the learning process. We discuss composition, design and celebrate all your photographic efforts. Our aim is for you to leave the workshop satiated: knowing more about photography but what’s more important, knowing more about yourself and what photography means to you.
On the final morning in Queenstown Jackie will help you edit and print one of your images. Using her EIZO Monitor and Canon imagePROGRAF Pro 1000 printer.
A selection of edited images will also become part of the QCCP Paradise 2018 book. Copyright of the images remains with the photographers at all times.
If you don’t have your own laptop please let us know, we can download a selection of images direct to our computer for the feedback sessions.
imagePROGRAF Pro 1000
For professional photographers wanting to enter images made while on the tour / workshop this is allowable as long as you were not under instruction at the time of capture and the idea of the image was your own.
Date Friday Sept. 7 4.00pm - Monday Sept. 10 1.00 pm
- Three days expert tuition from Mike Langford and Jackie Ranken
- Pick up and drop off from your hotel or the airport at the start and end of the workshop..
- Three nights accommodation at Bold Peak Lodge in Glenorchy
- Three days travel in comfortable 4WD.
- During the workshop students are invited to trial use our various Canon lenses and bodies.
- A4 fine art print of one of your images, trial use of Eizo monitor (On the final morning).
- Free PDF book made from images from all the photographers. Each photographer had eight pages in which to celebrate their photography.
Download the itinerary easy to read PDF
See the Book made from the 2017 Workshop participants.
what's not included:
- Flights to and from Queenstown.
- Accommodation for any nights in Queenstown (please be sure to book accomodation in Queenstown early so that you have plenty of choice).
- Lunches and dinners while in Glenorchy .
- Optional three hour helicopter flight into the mountains including three landings
Refund Policy for our New Zealand Workshops-
Three months out- Full Refund (less any transfer fees)
Within three months deposits can be transferred to another workshop.
Within two months - full payment is required unless the space is filled with another photographer.
Queenstown Centre for Creative Photography (“QCCP”) shall not be responsible or liable for any personal or property damage throughout the duration of the workshop. QCCP shall not be responsible for any costs or losses incurred due to flight delays or cancellations and highly recommends participants purchase appropriate travel insurance. QCCP reserves the right to cancel workshops if numbers are insufficient or due to unforeseen circumstances.