FOR ALL LEVELS OF PHOTOGRAPHY.
THIS WORKSHOP WILL DISCUSS ENVIRONMENTAL, TRAVEL, CANDID AND STUDIO PORTRAITURE, IN COLOUR AND BLACK & WHITE.
It will cover composition, exposure, quality of light and camera operation.
Photographing groups, couples and individuals with studio lighting and natural lighting. Mat cutting and printing your own work.
We have a large library of books which we can all draw inspiration from.
The weekend will be full of looking, learning and discussing what makes a great portrait.
We include discussion of pricing and marketing your photography.
Three full days of learning from photographers who know what you need to know to become a better , more confident photographer.
THe Critique Process
Throughout the three days Mike and Jackie will download your files and give helpful feedback about your images. This includes; camera technique, posing, composition, lighting and editing.
They believe that aesthetics and emotion are the really important elements in any image making exercise. This workshop will help you up skill your camera and editing techniques and solve problems that you may have.
Cutting matts and presentation options will be discussed on the final day. You will also go home with a great portrait and print of yourself.
Date-February 10-12 2017
COST NZD$2010.00 (FULL)
- Three days expert tuition from Jackie Ranken.
- Pick up and drop off each day from your Queenstown accommodation
- During the workshop students are invited to trial use our various Canon lenses and bodies.
- One dinner with Jackie at their home (including a glass or two of wonderful New Zealand wine)
- Morning and afternoon tea daily
- Three lunches
- A4 mounted portrait print
Download the itinerary in our easy to read PDF
What's not included:
- All flights to and from Queenstown
- Please make your own bookings, there are so many places to in Queenstown. Each day we will pick you from your accommodation.
- Tripods are available but it's often best to bring yours along to practice with.
- Travel Insurance
Refund Policy for our New Zealand Workshops-
Three months out- Full Refund (less any transfer fees)
Within three months deposits can be transferred to another workshop.
Queenstown Centre for Creative Photography (“QCCP”) shall not be responsible or liable for any personal or property damage throughout the duration of the workshop. QCCP shall not be responsible for any costs or losses incurred due to flight delays or cancellations and highly recommends participants purchase appropriate travel insurance. QCCP reserves the right to cancel workshops if numbers are insufficient or due to unforeseen circumstances.