West Coast Landscape Photography
SOUTH ISLAND NEW ZEALAND
The West Coast of New Zealand's South Island is a World Heritage designated area. Renowned as being the last frontier. Home to rare wildlife, rugged beaches and wild rain forests. We travel from Queenstown through Wanaka and over Haast Pass to find this unique environment.
Haast Beach is always exciting to explore, after every tide the beach is swept through to reveal new and interesting features. With areas of driftwood that make you feel like to you are in an elephant grave yard. We visit Bruce Bay where ancient Rimu forests stretch right down to the sea. Surrounding a sandy picturesque bay with the Southern Alps as a backdrop. Jacksons Bay is an old fishing village with spectacular views to the ocean. The village itself is distinctly Kiwi. The wharf makes a great foreground.
THIS IS A FANTASTIC AND UNIQUE ENVIRONMENT
THe Critique Process
For all multi-day photo workshops, students will need to select images from each photographic session for review.
We will go through each photographer's work and give constructive feedback. The whole point of the workshop is to achieve growth and by showing one another images in an open, and trusting atmosphere there is amazing potential to improve!
The edited images will become part of a book we will make at the end of the workshop. Copyright of the images remains with the photographers at all times.
If you don’t have your own laptop please let us know, we can download a selection of images direct to our computer for the feedback sessions.
Date August 31 - September 5 2017
Costs: NZD$ 3,160.00
- Five days expert photography tuition from Mike Langford and Jackie Ranken
- Pick up to and from your hotel in Queenstown at the start and end of the workshop.
- Dinner on the first night with Mike & Jackie at their home, including a glass or two of New Zealand wine
- Three nights private accommodation
- 4WD transport throughout the weekend.
- Fine art print of one of your files from the workshop
- PDF photography group book made from images from the trip
- Trial use of our various Canon lenses and bodies
- Trial use of Eizo monitor on the final editing/printing morning
WhaT's not included:
- Accommodation for the nights spent in Queenstown (please make your own bookings to suit your taist
- Breakfasts, lunches and dinner (outside the first night)
- Alcohol (outside the first night)
See last years book at this link
Refund Policy for our New Zealand Workshops-
Three months out- Full Refund (less any bank transfer fees)
Within three months deposits can be transferred to another workshop.
Queenstown Centre for Creative Photography (“QCCP”) shall not be responsible or liable for any personal or property damage throughout the duration of the workshop. QCCP shall not be responsible for any costs or losses incurred due to flight delays or cancellations and highly recommends participants purchase appropriate travel insurance. QCCP reserves the right to cancel workshops if numbers are insufficient or due to unforeseen circumstances.